- Tuesday, March 28: The Duchess will attend the 2017 Portrait Gala, held at the National Portrait Gallery in London. This is the second time Kate has attended the Gala; the first was in February 2014. The Duchess will also view two Gallery exhibits: Howard Hodgkins ‘Absent Friends‘ and ‘Behind the Mask, Another Mask,‘ featuring the work of Gillian Wearing and Claude Cahun. She will also see a range of artwork specially created for the Gala, “…including 10 unique masks by the likes of Dame Vivienne Westwood and Philip Treacy, and 100 postcard-sized works of art for a Mystery Portrait Postcard Sale.” Kate has been the royal patron of the Gallery since 2012.
- Tuesday, April 4: The Duchess attends the opening night of 42nd Street at London’s Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. The opening night event is a benefit for The Nook Appeal, a fundraising effort for a new EACH children’s hospice. Kate is royal patron of EACH, and she helped launch the fundraising effort in 2014. The revival production of 42nd Street stars Grammy Award winner Sheena Easton; Kate will meet attendees before the play and take part in a group photo with the cast after the show concludes. The EACH news release is here.
- Friday, May 11: Kate undertakes a one-day visit to Luxembourg to attend commemorations of the 1867 signing of the Treaty of London, which confirmed Luxembourg’s independence and neutrality. The visit is being made at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Saturday, May 13: Kate, William and Harry host Party at the Palace, an event honoring children who have lost a parent serving in the armed forces. The event will be at Buckingham Palace and feature games on the lawn, chances to explore the Palace gardens, live performances and more. Per the Palace news release, “The party will also be attended by some charities which help support families, and specifically, children dealing with bereavement, including Child Bereavement UK.”
- Saturday, June 17: The annual Trooping the Colour events are today, also known as the Queen’s Birthday Parade.
- Monday, June 19: Today is the annual Order of the Garter ceremony.
- The Duke and Duchess will visit Poland and Germany at the request of the Foreign Office. More details will be released closer to the time of the trip.