Welcome to What Kate Wore, we are so pleased you have come for a visit. A bit of information about the blog and its contents:
- PHOTOS: We believe it is proper to pay for the photographs used in the blog. Images are licensed from international photo agencies, you will generally see them credited in the caption and/or watermarked on the photo. In some cases the pictures are in the public domain, or we have been granted permission to use them by the individual who took them.
- LINKS: We do the best we can to provide links that take you to retailers where you can purchase those items Kate has worn that are available to the public. In some instances those links to external sites may generate revenue; revenue is used to pay photo licensing fees so we can continue to provide you with professional images here on the blog, as well as the recurring monthly costs for site hosting, site security, and bandwith overage fees.
- COMMENTS: We welcome any and all viewpoints about what Kate has worn, as long as they are not offensive or inflammatory. Healthy debate is a wonderful thing so long as it is conducted in an adult fashion; comments designed to incite, those containing vulgarities, personal attacks, and other inappropriate content will not be published. (Please see our comments policy for greater detail on the topic, including information on those subjects we steer clear of on the site.)
- BACKGROUND: The site was founded by Susan E. Kelley, a professional journalist with 17+ years experience in broadcasting. The majority of those years were in television news, with several years also spent in television station management. Kelley continues as WKW’s author and manager; she serves in those same capacities at What Kate’s Kids Wore, a secondary property that chronicles the clothing, accessories, toys and other treasures worn and used by Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
WHAT KATE WORE: WHY
Why are we chronicling something as “trivial” as the apparel and accessories worn by Kate Middleton? Because from our perspective it is not trivial, far from it.
The Duchess of Cambridge, formerly Kate Middleton, is now widely regarded as a trendsetter, her fashion choices reflect a time and place in fashion history that is pivotal. It is also a critical point in cultural terms, and the way she is copied and imitated also mirrors societal attitudes and standards that are mercurial, changing in a world where the Duchess’s sartorial selections are flashed across the internet almost instantaneously. There is also an enormous economic impact that cannot be overlooked, the fashion industry employs millions of people, generating billions of dollars at a time of financial stress around the globe.
That is the short version of our belief in the topic, do feel free to send an email with any other questions, concerns, or insights, we welcome any and all.
Oh, the most important reason for creating the blog? Because it is fun.
- email: Susan@WhatKateWore.com
- phone: 517-347-2739 (we are in the Eastern time zone)