- Wednesday, February 21: Kate and William will visit Sunderland, in northeast England. They will officially open the Fire House, a new music and arts hub, where they will see music and dance performances from groups using the new facility. The Duke and Duchess will also visit the Northern Spire bridge over the River Wear, slated to open in the spring.
- Tuesday, February 27: Kate will visit St. Thomas’ Hospital to launch the Nursing Now campaign, created to raise the profile of nursing worldwide. She will visit a specialist ward, take part in a roundtable discussion and deliver a speech to mark the launch of the Nursing Now campaign.
- Tuesday, February 27: The Duchess will visit the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists to learn more about the ways to reduce newborn and maternal mortality rates around the world. Kate will hear more about the RCOG’s Leading Safe Choices program in South Africa and Tanzania, and also take part in a roundtable discussion on the stigma which surrounds women’s health, and in particular maternal mental health.
- Wednesday, February 28: In her role as Patron of the National Portrait Gallery, Kate will view the exhibition ‘Victorian Giants: The Birth of Art Photography‘.
NOTE: On these dates well into the future there is no confirmation or guarantee that Kate and/or William will attend or take part in the listed events; they’re primarily listed here for longterm planning purposes.
- Monday, March 12: Today is the annual Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey. The Duchess attended in 2015 and 2016 but did not go to last year’s service.
- Saturday, May 19: The wedding of Prince Harry and fiancée Meghan Markle is scheduled today.
- Saturday, June 9: Today is the official celebration of the Queen’s birthday, Trooping the Colour.
- Monday, June 18: The annual Order of the Garter ceremony is scheduled to take place today in Windsor.
- Friday, October 12: Princess Eugenie and fiancé Jack Brooksbank are to be married at St. George’s Chapel on the grounds of Windsor Castle. It’s possible Kate and William will attend the wedding.
- Prince Charles turns 70 this year and I’m sure there will be some sort of commemorative event(s) marking the occasion.