Welcome to What Kate Wore, we are so pleased you have come for a visit. A bit of information about the blog and its contents:
- PHOTOS: We believe it is proper to pay for the photographs used in the blog. Images are licensed from international photo agencies, you will generally see them credited in the caption and/or watermarked on the photo. In some cases, the pictures are in the public domain, or we have been granted permission to use them by the individual who took them.
- LINKS: We do the best we can to provide links that take you to retailers where you can purchase those items Kate has worn that are available to the public. In some instances those links to external sites may generate revenue; revenue is used to pay photo licensing fees so we can continue to provide you with professional images here on the blog, as well as recurring monthly costs for site hosting, site security, and bandwidth overage fees. At times we also run sponsored content within a post; this is always labeled as such so you know that there has been financial compensation for that part of the post. Any profits after expenses then accrue to me, allowing me to work on this site, What Kate’s Kids Wore and What Meghan Wore fulltime.
- COMMENTS: We welcome any and all viewpoints about what Kate has worn, as long as they are not offensive or inflammatory. Healthy debate is a wonderful thing so long as it is conducted in an adult fashion; comments designed to incite, those containing vulgarities, personal attacks, and other inappropriate content will not be published. (Please see our comments policy for greater detail on the topic, including information on those subjects we steer clear of on the site.)
- GUEST POSTS: I do not publish guest posts or link insertions on the site. In very rare instances (once or twice a year at the most) I will run a partially sponsored post related to a brand the Duchess has worn or product she has used. With apologies in advance, if you email about guest posting and the topic doesn’t meet those criteria I will not be able to respond to your email.
- BACKGROUND: The site was founded by Susan E. Kelley, a professional journalist with 17+ years experience in broadcasting. The majority of those years were in television news, with several years also spent in television station management. Kelley continues as WKW’s author and manager; she serves in those same capacities at What Meghan Wore and What Kate’s Kids Wore, a secondary property that chronicles the clothing, accessories, toys and other treasures worn and used by Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
WHAT KATE WORE: WHY
Why am I chronicling something as “trivial” as the apparel and accessories worn by the Duchess of Cambridge, formerly Kate Middleton?
Because the Duchess is widely regarded as a trendsetter; her fashion choices reflect a time and place in fashion history that continues to be vital. Her cultural impact is also important; the way her style is copied and imitated also mirrors societal attitudes and standards that are mercurial, changing in a world where the Duchess’s sartorial selections are flashed across the internet almost instantaneously. There is also an enormous economic impact that cannot be overlooked; the fashion industry employs millions of people, generating billions of dollars at a time of financial stress around the globe.
That is the short version of my belief in the topic, do feel free to send an email with any other questions, concerns, or insights. Any and all are welcome.
- email: Susan@WhatKateWore.com
- phone: 517-347-2739 (we are in the Eastern time zone)