Hello and happy weekend to all, hopefully it’s an enjoyable one. We begin today with new engagements added to Kate’s Calendar.
- Monday, March 9 (15:15 local time/10:15am ET): William and Kate join the Queen and other royals for a Commonwealth Observance Day service at Westminster Abbey. The Day is “Britain’s largest annual inter-faith gathering… organised with the Royal Commonwealth Society. Among the 2,000-strong congregation will be more than 1,000 children from schools and youth groups.” (This is via Westminster Abbey.) The service is roughly an hour long and will include music, readings and hymns.
- Friday, March 13th (11am local time/6am ET): William and Kate join other senior royals at St. Paul’s for a Service of Commemoration honoring those who served in Afghanistan. “The service will pay tribute to members of the Armed Forces past and present who served on operations in Afghanistan, and all those in the UK who worked to make the country a safer more stable place.” Following the service there will be a parade through the streets of London, a flyover and a reception at the GuildHall. “Members of the public will be able to watch the parade and from next week can visit the City of London police website for more information including timings and a map of the route.” The order of service may be seen here, there are also details here.
- Obviously a solemn occasion, the service will be attended by senior political and governmental officials, as well as “members of the Armed Forces, veterans, the next of kin of deceased personnel, representatives of military and aid charities and organisations, and the UK’s NATO allies in Afghanistan from 2001 – 2014.”
- During/following the parade there will be “… a flypast of aircraft used in the campaign, including Chinook, Apache and Sea King Helicopters, and Hercules and Tornado aircraft will fly over the parade and Cathedral in tribute.”
- The service and parade will be aired live on BBC One starting at 10:30am London time.
Next on our hit parade, a look at LK Bennett’s spring collection. We begin with a frock that is arguably the most versatile of the label’s spring dress crop, the Marlene Fitted Dress ($395). This one can easily be dressed up or down, paired with a shrug, a jacket, almost anything. The colors from left to right: cyan blue, jelly bean pink and dark navy.