Kate chose a springtime ensemble today for her visit to Naomi House Children’s Hospice.
Kate chose to spend her 2nd wedding anniversary working, below you see the Duchess being greeted by Sally, who is 8. Sally presented Kate with a lovely bouquet of flowers, she has spinal atrophy and receives care at Naomi House.
Naomi House is connected to another unit, jacksplace, that portion of the facility provides services to young adults. More from the group’s Facebook page:
Naomi House and jacksplace provides support to children and young adults who are likely to die at an early age. We provide respite,emergency and bereavement care.
Kate spent time touring the facilities, including the gardens, children’s bedrooms and therapy pool. She also enjoyed sharing tea with brothers and sisters of Naomi House children, we see her with Reuben and Jessica during tea.
The Mirror’s Victoria Murphy reports this is not the first trip to Naomi House for Kate, she previously visited back in 2008. As many know, today is Kate and William’s 2nd wedding anniversary, more on how that was recognized during the day’s event from the Mirror’s live blog:
Hospice Chairman professor Khalid Aziz told Kate: “It’s especially special that you came here today because today is a very special day two years ago to the day, you were in a slightly larger building then this one – probably not having quite as much fun. But you did it very well we were all totally enthralled.
“I just hope Prince William is taking you somewhere nice tonight.”
Kate blushed, spread her arms and replied: “Well he’s on shift, so…”
Today’s appearance is also linked to Children’s Hospice Week, “the UK’s only awareness and fundraising week for children with life-limiting conditions…”. Kate’s belief in children’s hospice prompted her first recorded video message.
In the video Kate expresses her strong feelings about the need to support children’s hospice work.
Children’s hospices provide lifelines to families at a time of unimaginable pain. The support they give is vital.
“In order to carry out this wonderful work, our help is needed.”
You may view Kate’s message by clicking here.
There was still a sizable crowd outside to see Kate leave, as shown in this photo by People magazine’s Simon Perry.
Kate’s coat is by Tara Jarmon.
is was available at Harvey Nichols for £380, no one will be surprised to learn it has sold out. The piece is from the brand’s spring 2013 collection, crafted from 100% cotton twill with an acetate/viscose lining. The collarless piece is single-breasted with bound buttonholes, darts at waist and shoulder, angled front pockets and a deep back vent.
Tara Jarmon was a new designer for me, one I am happy to have discovered. Her design aesthetic is unfussy, with clean, elegant lines and a minimum of frou-frou. Ms. Jarmon was born in Canada, and lived in California for some time, but she and her eponymous label are based in Paris. There are more than 25 free-standing boutiques throughout Europe and Asia, including Munich, Bordeaux, Madrid, Zurich and several other locales. There are several boutiques in London; the line is also carried at Harvey Nichols and John Lewis.
We will update when we have a few more photos.
This is just one of two posts today, I think you will enjoy our second post due out shortly. It’s a little something we are doing to officially launch the Baby Cambridge Fundraiser.
- Learn more about Children’s Hospice Week at this site, the Children’s Hospice Association Scotland website is here
- Learn more about Together for Short lives by visiting its website here, the organization’s Facebook page is here, you can follow the group on Twitter here
- Spend some time Naomi House website to learn more about its mission and its accomplishments, or visit the Naomi House Facebook page here, or follow along on Twitter by clicking here, or look at the Naomi House Gift Shop offerings
- Visit the EACH website here, its Facebook page here, the organization’s Twitter page is here
- Please visit the BCF Just Giving page to make donations, the Baby Cambridge Facebook page is here and our Twitter account may be seen here
- View Kate’s new video here, watch ITV Meridian’s video of Kate chatting with Naomi House kids in the hydrotherapy pool by clicking here