We didn’t expect to be back with a post so soon, but St. James’s Palace has released dates for official Royal appearances at the London Games and we thought you would like the updated schedule.
Below are confirmed appearances, the times listed for events are not from the Palace, but what we discovered poring over the schedules. Schedules for Princess Anne (President of the British Olympic Association), Prince Charles & Camilla, and other Royals are not included here, our focus is on the three official Ambassadors, William, Kate and Harry.
Thursday, July 26: Kate, William & Harry watch the Torch Relay go by Buckingham Palace at 6:35pm (1:35pm EDT/10:35am PDT)
Friday, July 27: The trio joins other Royals at a Buckingham Palace reception for Heads of State and Government, followed by the Opening Ceremony (9pm/4pm EDT)
Saturday/Sunday, July 28/29: William will attend Equestrian events at Greenwich either Saturday or Sunday, but not both days. Competition begins at 10am both days (5am EDT/2am PDT)
Monday, July 30:
- All three young royals watch Equestrian competition at Greenwich. Individual and Team Cross Country events commence at 12:30pm/7:30am EDT
- Harry will be at the 10M Diving (I believe this is the 10M synchronized diving final, starting at 3pm/10am EDT)
- William and Harry are both slated to visit Team GB House (see more in this BBC story)
- Kate is at the UK Creative Industries reception showcasing the GREAT Campaign at Royal Albert Hall
Tuesday, July 31:
- William, Kate and Harry attend Equestrian Events at Greenwich, they are also expected to award medals. Team Jumping Finals begin at 10:30am (5:30am EDT), the Individual Jumping Final begins at 2:30 (9:30am EDT)
- All three will also visit the Athletes’ Village at Olympic Park
Thursday, August 2:
- William & Kate attend Tennis at Wimbledon (Team GB Tennis is here), matches begin at 11:30am/6:30am EDT
- Prince Harry will be at a reception for medal winners from May’s School Games, he is President of the organization. More than 1600 school-age athletes took part in the Games, held at four Olympic Venues. This is a morning function, we don’t have a specific time yet.
Friday August 3:
- William and Harry watch Equestrian Dressage at Greenwich, events start at 11am/6am EDT and run through 3:30pm/10:30 EDT
- William and Kate will attend Swimming at the Olympic Park Aquatic Centre, there are multiple events for both men and women. Medal races today include the always-popular Men’s 50m Freestyle and Women’s 800m Freestyle, heats begin at 10am/5am with Finals starting at 7:30/2:30pm EDT
Saturday, August 4:Â Kate will be watching Women’s Hockey at the Olympic Park, we expect her to attend Team GB’s game against China at 4pm/11am EDT
Sunday, August 5:
- Kate goes to Gymnastics at the Olympic Park, there are 3 medal events today, including Men’s Floor Exercise at 2pm (9am EDT), the Women’s Vault at 2:50pm (9:50 EDT) and Men’s Pommel Horse at 3:40pm (10:40pm EDT). The Team GB Gymnastics site is here, its Facebook page is here.
- William, Kate and Prince Harry will attend Athletics (commonly referred to as Track and Field in the USA). Medal events include the Men’s 100m, the winner of this race is frequently referred to as “the fastest man in the world”. It’s expected Harry will want to watch Usain Bolt, presuming he qualifies for this event. (Harry famously “raced” Mr. Bolt when visiting Jamaica earlier this year.) The Men’s 100m starts at 9:50/4:50pm
- Kate will also visit Team GB House at some point in the day
Monday, August 6: Kate will be at some of the day’s Sailing events at Weymouth. There are two medal races on the schedule, the Women’s Laser Radial at 13:00/8am EDT and the Men’s Laser race at 14:00/9am EDT. There are also qualifying races at Weymouth today.
Wednesday, August 8: Prince Harry will attend the Beach Volleyball at Horseguards Parade. The Bronze Medal match begins at 7pm/2pm EDT, the Gold Medal match is scheduled for 9pm/4pm EDT.
Thursday, August 9:
- Kate watches Synchronized Swimming at the Olympic Park, the event begins at 3pm/10am EDT
- Harry will be at Track and Field events, there is a myriad of events, you can check the schedule here
- Harry will also visit Team GB House
Friday, August 10: Kate watches Women’s Hockey if Team GB qualifies, games start at 8:30am/3:30am EDT
Saturday, August 11: Kate is planning on attending the Menâ€™s 10m Diving at Olympic Park. The semi-finals begin at 9:55am/4:55am EDT, the Medal round is at 8:30pm/3:30pm EDT, my guess is she will be at the Finals at 3:30pm EDT.
Sunday, August 12: Kate, Harry and Princess Anne are on hand for the Closing Ceremony (9pm/4pm EDT), along with quite a few other Royals.
The release from the Palace shares this about William’s schedule:
The Duke of Cambridge is unable to attend events in the second week of the Olympics Games owing to his Royal Air Force Search and Rescue commitments.
These are not necessarily the only events the young trio will take part in, back to the news release:
Their Royal Highnesses may undertake other engagements in and around the Olympic venues, including to meet athletes from other Commonwealth nations. Details will be announced in due course.
Hopefully this will help everyone in planning what events they hope to watch. Following are some links that may also be of assistance:
- Time Zone Conversion – this link takes you to a page that converts from London time to New York time (Eastern Daylight Time)
- London 2012 Schedule as a grid
- London 2012 Schedule as a list
- Team GB Home page
- Team GB Facebook page
- Team GB Twitter account
- NBC’s Primary Olympics page
- London 2012 schedule for all NBC properties (CNBC, MSNBC, Bravo, Telemundo, NBC Sports, etc.)
- BBC America has almost no Olympic programming, if interested in its London 2012 page, click here (primarily news on Team GB athletes)
- BBC1 (the primary channel for London 2012 coverage in the UK) has a very good site, click here for their pages