Kate brought back the Temperley ‘Amoret’ gown for tonight’s Saint Andrews gala in London.
The gala was at Middle Temple Hall, held to support the University’s 600th Anniversary Campaign, of which William is Patron. CNN’s David Wilkinson shared these images on Twitter of Kate and William speaking with guests.
The dress remains available at Temperley,
We previously saw the Alexander McQueen box clutch for the Diamond Jubilee Thames River Pageant in June, you can see how the skull clasp was removed and replaced by three rhinestones in the photo on the far right.
The Duchess also brought back her black suede Jimmy Choo Cosmic heels.
My Small Obsessions has more on Kate’s poppy here.
The couple’s ties to the University run deep, it is where they first met and where their degrees are from. Many will recall the Duke and Duchess visiting Saint Andrews to officially launch the fundraising effort back in February 2011.
The fundraising effort runs through next year, as of this writing it looks like more than Â£32,000,000 has been raised.
(For the February 2011 appearance Kate wore a Luisa Spagnoli dress and jacket, and her Aquatalia Rhumba boots.) One of the first wedding gifts Kate and William received was from the University, a scholarship in their name; applications for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge scholarship just opened November 1st.
During his remarks this evening William shared how he feels about the University, as seen in this Tweet from Richard Palmer of the Express:
Many may have heard that Kate was out and about with Pippa yesterday, royal pooch Lupo was also with the ladies for the Burlington Bazaar, held at Mayfair’s upscale Burlington Arcade shopping area.
Proceeds from the Christmas Bazaar go to the Ormiston Children and Families Trust, located in East Anglia. Below we see photos of Kate and Lupo (left), Pippa is is seen in the image on the right, our thanks to Thomas Lyte for sharing these on Twitter.
More from the Ormiston website:
Ormiston Children & Families Trust, along with its president Lady Tollemache and Executive Committee, hosted a Winter shopping bazaar at the Burlington Arcade in Mayfair, London, giving those in and around the capital the chance to shop for some exclusive presents in the run up to Christmas.
There to pick out the finest gifts were none other than Pippa Middleton and sister Kate as well as Princess Beatrice.
Below we see Princess Beatrice at the event.
Many will have recognized Kate was in the Darwin Jacket from LK Bennett.
She was initially seen wearing it in December of last year and it quickly sold put, LK Bennett then decided to reissue the piece. Many think Kate was also wearing the Zipkin Boot by Stuart Weitzman,
A few other tidbits of interest:
- The Jenny Packham for JC Penney collection is now available in stores and online.
- The East Anglia Children’s Hospice, of which Kate is Patron, has crafted a lovely music video incorporating photos with the words from a letter Kate sent the group, click here to watch the video on YouTube.
- A reminder that William and Kate will join HM and other royals at Sunday’s Remembrance Day event.
- the University of Saint Andrews 600th Anniversary website is here, its Facebook page here
- Saint Andrews primary website is here
- Learn more about the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge scholarship hereÂ
- The Ormiston Children & Families page is here
- Visit the Royal British Legion’s page to learn more about Remembrance Day
- You can purchase your own Poppy directly from the Legion, profits directly benefit the Armed Forces
- The Daily Mail’s story about tonight’s event is here