We are back with a quick break from posts about what Kate wore, we’ve a little something that will be a lot of fun – a giveaway!
Many of you will remember the generosity of several companies during our Baby Cambridge campaign, our fundraiser for EACH. One of the most generous was StyleRocks, the customizable jewelry company. Not only did StyleRocks donate to EACH, company founder Pascale Helyar-Moray also sponsored a wonderful giveaway for an enormous citrine ring.
On my mission to get info for the post I was waylaid by the new Affordable Luxuries collection.
There is no end of goodies in the Collection. The nice thing is customizing allows you to pick your metal, stone, cut, etc, and really make it all your own.
So much to like. Sigh. Back to our post.
Many readers have heard me talk about my friend Pascale. When news about the New Zealand/Australia tour surfaced it made perfect sense to start corresponding with her about what fun it would be to do another giveaway, while William and Kate were in Australia, as Pascale and StyleRocks are located in Australia. (It was Pascale who gave us the fabulous tour of the Taronga Zoo.) We finally got to Skyping and talking about what kind of prize would be special and memorable – something that hadn’t been done over and over again. That’s when Pascale came up with a brilliant idea: create a new mini-collection.
More from Pascale’s blog:
Australia is known for its natural resources – metals, gemstones and pearls; metals are mined in South and Western Australia, while the area of Broome in north Western Australia is famous for its pearling industry. So the intersection of the Australian bush – shown via a metal eucalyptus leaf – and the sea – through the pearl – seemed a perfect marriage.
It represents an iconic landscape, where the bush comes right to the edge of the waterfront. But more than that, it felt like something that you would wear as a modern fashion accessory, even if you weren’t into Australiana.
Then everything everything started clicking, and a new collection was born:
The collection showcases an elegant, understated eucalyptus leaf.
Offered in multiple colors, the leaf represents the ‘terre,’ the land. Adding one of the stunning StyleRocks AA-Grade freshwater button pearls in pink, white or black unites the sea with the land, creating the ‘Terre-et-Mer‘ vision. We show necklaces in rose gold with a pink pearl (L) and in silver with white pearl (R).
As pretty as the leaf is on its own merits, the pearl brings a touch of sheen to the dynamic. That is especially evident in the three-leaf version with white pearls.
With the variety of leaf colors, pearls and sizes the combinations are almost endless! One needn’t be shy about collecting different leaves with or without a pearl atop the leaf, even wearing several on the same necklace – it is a great look. The Collection is already drawing praise, the Telegraph featured it in their “Five of the Best Royal Jewels” piece over the Easter Weekend.
The collection was launched to coincide with William, Kate and George’s visit to Australia and New Zealand. And that brings us to our giveaway: one lucky person will win their very own Terre-et-Mer leaf necklace! The necklaces comes on its own close curb cut chain in three lengths.
Here’s how to enter:
- For one entry sign up for the StyleRocks mailing list by visiting the company’s site, look for the “subscribe” box on the lower right side of the StyleRocks home page. You will see a drop down menu asking how you got to the page, how you heard about StyleRocks, be sure you tell them how you got there from the choices available (via What Kate Wore).
- Pop over to look at the new Terre-et-Mer collection, then come back here and post a comment here telling us what you would pick to wear from the new line
You must complete the two steps above to be entered. If you have already signed up for StyleRocks email, don’t worry that you will be signed up multiple times for the mailing list, this is a completely new list.
- For a second entry follow StyleRocks on Facebook (and let us know you did in a acomment)
- For a third entry follow StyleRocks on Pinterest (and let us know you did in a comment)
- For an additional entry, post about the contest on your own Facebook page or Twitter account (and let us know you did in a comment)
- the giveaway is open internationally
- the contest ends at midnight April 30th, we will announce a winner on May 1st
- winner must be available to respond to our email within 48 to 72 hours
As an FYI, Pascale is doing exactly what she did with our other giveaway, donating 10% of all profits from Terre-et-Mer sales to EACH.