It is news royal-watchers have been waiting for: the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary’s Hospital. Kensington Palace confirmed the news, delivered via Twitter:
And this from Prime Minister David Cameron, posted just before 2:30am EDT.
More on the medical team attending Kate via The Daily Mail:
The Queen’s current surgeon-gynaecologist Alan Farthing is expected to lead the team, accompanied by obstetrician Guy Thorpe-Beeston, a specialist in high-risk pregnancies.
At this point not too many live feeds are up, although The Telegraph’s is, just click this link. We’ve also embedded the link below, although it appears to be very small in size.
For easy following of the event, here are two lists you may find to be helpful.
LIVE BLOGS: Media live-blogging updates from the Lindo Wing
- The Mirror’s live blog is here
- The Telegraph’s live blog is here
- People magazine’s live blog is here
- WKW‘s mini live blog is here
LIVE FEEDS: As with George’s birth, there will be live video feeds; following are some options. (NOTE: I will be updating this constantly, adding URLs we don’t yet have for The Sun, as well as more sites sure to be added.)
- The Huffington Post UK live stream will be here
- The Daily Mirror’s live feed will be here
- The Sun will have a live feed
- Hello! magazine’s live feed will be here
- The Telegraph’s live feed will be here
- the Associated Press will probably have a live feed, especially when William and Kate present their new baby on the steps of the Lindo Wing; this is where you are likely to find it
- Reuters News site for live coverage is here, you may need to sign in via your Facebook or Twitter account to access the feed (only active during breaking news coverage, expect them to also have live coverage)
And for complete lists of royal correspondents to follow on Twitter, live media blogs, and much more, visit our One Stop Guide to Following the Royal Birth Online.
We are going to get this post published and on its way to your electronic in-bins, and then return with a live blog updating throughout the day. I can’t think of a nicer group to pass the time with during such an auspicious occasion.