The Duchess returned to a favorite label for the second day of the Royal Tour.
Some readers will recognize the designer from looking at the lines and construction of Kate’s dress; it is by Emilia Wickstead.
Kate and William started their day with a GREAT campaign event, part of a program that “showcases the very best of what Britain has to offer. We welcome the world to visit, study and do business with the UK.meeting young entrepreneurs.” More on today’s event from Sky News:
The young people demonstrated their start-up ideas and enterprises at a workspace called The Social – and the Duke and Duchess got hands-on with their gadgets.
Kate seemed to enjoy herself at the event, as seen in this photo tweeted by Aditya Kuber.
Now to our look at Kate’s ensemble. As noted above, she wore Emilia Wickstead, the designer’s Wool Crepe Midi Dress. You can also see that this is a longer length, I believe it is significantly longer than any of her other Wickstead pieces. That is not something I think was done for issue of decorum; the midi length was popular the last 12 – 18 months, and it remains appealing to some designers and customers. If one looks closely it appears that Kate actually shortened her dress.
The Wool Crepe Midi Dress echoes several design elements found in many of Kate’s other Wickstead designs. You can see the fitted bodice, higher waistline flowing into a full skirt. The dress also features two faux breast pocket, as well as two functional side pockets, and a hidden zipper.
The dress is 100% wool with a silk lining. With temps above 90 this morning many wondered about Kate sweltering in what is often considered a winter weight material. My guess is that the fabric is a tropical weight wool, as opposed to the medium or heavy weight iterations of the textile. It was available at The Outnet, the off-price arm of Net-a-Porter.
It was originally priced at £1760, about $2500. When on sale at The Outnet it was £704, about $1000. While this dress is sold out, The Outnet usually carries a selection of Emilia Wickstead. Full price styles can generally be found at Matches Fashion and also at Moda Operandi.
The Duchess carried a new (to us) Bayswater Clutch from Mulberry. FYI: the bag shown below is not precisely the same clutch we think Kate is carrying, her bag appears to be suede. This is merely used to show the design.
I’m waiting for hi-res photos so I can have a better look at the bag; hopefully that will allow us to make a better call on the item.
The Duchess debuted another new pair of heels from a brand she is wearing more frequently, Rupert Sanderson. The shoe was described to Rebecca English of the Daily Mail as “kid leather Calice pumps, featuring a pointed toe & skinny set-back heel.The ‘Calice’ has a 110mm heel, just a bit more than 4 inches and it retails for $675.
Kate also wore her Cassandra Goad Temple of Heaven earrings today.
Kate & William have landed in New Delhi and laid a wreath at the India Gate.
A look at the card accompanying the wreath, “Never forgetting those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for India.”
After visiting the war memorial Kate and William moved on to Gandhi Smiriti Museum, it houses Old Birla House, where Mahatma Gandhi lived the last several months of his life and where he was assassinated in 1948.
- The always sharp Christin (perhaps better known as Packham Gown on Twitter) contacted Russell and Bromley to see if they will be restocking the Curvy Clutch Kate carried with her Alexander McQueen separates on Monday. Good news if you are interested in acquiring a Curvy for yourself: it is in stock in limited quantities in select stores and the retailer expects to have more available online.
- Also today, Kate’s Anita Dongre Tunic Dress looks like it is still available in some sizes. Many thanks to those emailing and messaging about this garment’s availability!
As soon as hi-res pix are available I will update the post .
- The Mirror’s continual live feed is here,The Daily Mail story is here
- A fairly extensive India Today story on the Kaziranga National Park plans is here
- The Telegraph‘s story about what Kate wore is here, The Express coverage may be found here
- Katie Nicholl has a piece in Vanity Fair How Kate Plans to Bust Out of the Fashion Box
- The Mirror’s “Kate Middleton Wows in White” is here