We’re back, hopeful that all of you experienced splendid holidays, perhaps even enjoying time that was relaxing and restorative. Once again it’s time to seek your input on what Kate wore in the preceding year, asking you to vote in our non-scientific polls. At this point we’re planning to do the same categories used in previous years:
- Favorite daytime wear (dresses, and the occasional suit/separates)
- Semi-formal and formal dresses
- Coats, there was quite a collection this year!
- Probably hats, and perhaps jewelry
Some background on how the polls are structured, including what pieces are and are not included this year:
- Because we voted on tour pieces in May it didn’t make sense to list them all out again (we’d be scrolling for days), so they are not included in these first two year-end polls. Once votes are in for these two polls we will take the top few choices and combine them with the tour poll results for a ‘super poll,’ for lack of a better term.
- There is one exception for inclusion in these initial polls: repeats. If Kate debuted a piece during the tour that we saw again in the course of the year, it is being included in the “repeats” category. Likewise, if Kate wore something in New Zealand or Australia that was worn prior to the tour, it is in the repeats category.
We start in February when Kate wore a new frock from LK Bennett for an Art Room opening. It is the ‘Detroit’ dress, a look that quickly became a favorite among the WKW crowd. The dress is a poly/rayon blend with a touch of elastene for stretch and comfort. The knee-length dress has a silhouette Kate is fond of, with a cinched waist, additional darts at the waist and shoulders, notched collar and sleeves.