Hello and welcome back. Hopefully everyone celebrating Thanksgiving enjoyed a pleasant holiday. Today we offer our annual after-Thanksgiving shopping post, focused on discounts at retailers Kate patronizes, and/or on items she has worn.
Black Friday continues to evolve, and its popularity in the UK seems to be diminishing. This is from trade publication Business of Fashion:
Two years after British shoppers fought with bare hands for Black Friday bargains, the nation is starting to turn its back on the American holiday tradition.
Major retailers such as Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s Asda and Next Plc are steering clear of the event completely, while others such as J Sainsbury Plc’s Argos are spreading offers over a longer period as Britons tire of standing in line for discounts on a day they would normally be working.
In the United States the popularity of online shopping continues to grow on Black Friday as business at mortar stores declines. It’s not to say stores weren’t busy, for they were. But percentage-wise, the growth is online. More from Reuters:
Crowds were thin at U.S. malls and stores on Black Friday morning, formerly the traditional start of the holiday shopping season, and online channels were expected to show the strongest gains in sales over last year.
Store traffic is likely to fall 3 to 4 percent this year on Black Friday but will be offset by a 20 percent growth in customer traffic online…
Now to our list of Sales and Savings this holiday weekend.
LK BENNETT: We begin with offers from LK Bennett on both sides of the pond. Everything online at the US site is 30% off for orders totaling more than $250. At the LK Bennett UK/INTL site there is a 20% discount on everything, with no minimum purchase requirement.
This graphic shows you what 30% off means in terms of specific prices for Kate-related merchandise.
The Cersei dress Kate wore earlier in the week is still available in very limited sizes on the UK site. (It was not offered on the US site.) The 20% discount brings the price from £375 to £300; that is about $375.
Other items of interest at LK Bennett:
- the Addison dress, available in just a few sizes
- the Sledge pumps, in a decent selection of sizes
- the new version of the Agata heel, with its distinctive bow, in stock in almost every size (as of 9am Friday, the 25th).
This includes Kate’s Bubble Stiletto Earrings, priced at $169 with the discount. They are sold out, but Links is taking backorders, and it looks like they are honoring the sale price. Kate’s Hope Egg White Topaz earrings are also available; they are $356 on sale, as opposed to the regular price of $475.
ME+EM: Two of Kate’s Breton stripe tops are 30% off, the white and black, along with the white and blue. Originally £48 the tops are £33, in US dollars that is an original price of $60, on sale for roughly $41.
LIBELULA: All full-priced items are 40% off, making Kate’s Dulwich coat $376, a savings of $251. There are also several patterns of the Rebecca dress Kate has worn that qualify for the discount. Use promo code BLACKFRIDAY16 to receive the savings.
NET-A-PORTER: The luxury retailer is not doing a specific Black Friday promotion, but does have some items on sale. Kate’s Ella gown by Roland Mouret is marked down by 30%, bringing the price to $3227. The Saloni London ‘Mary’ gown is 50% off; that makes it $298. Our thanks to HRH Duchess Kate for the tip on this! Pop over and see her list of promotional offers here, Kate Middleton Style Blog’s Black Friday post is here.
SHOPBOP: This is another tiered promotion: you receive a discount depending on how much you spend. You receive 15% off orders totaling more than $200, 20% off if spending 500+ and 25% off for orders over $800. Items of note include:
- Kate’s Superga 2750 Cotu Classic Sneakers
- the Stuart Weitzman Corkswoon
- the Duchess Blazer in a variety of materials, but *not* the olive green worn in Canada, nor the navy
CATHERINE ZORAIDA: Catherine Zoraida is doing a Golden Weekend Sale, and it includes the Duchess’s Gold Double Leaf Earrings and her Gold Fern Hoop Earrings are both discounted to £120 from their regular price of £150. The Spread Your Wings bracelet, usually £430, is £300 (roughly $375).
KATE-CENTRIC RETAILERS: Here is our rundown of promotional offers at retailers/designers where Kate shops. They don’t currently offer specific styles Kate has worn, but I thought you might like knowing about their weekend deals.
UPDATES/ADDITIONS MIDDAY SUNDAY:
- As of noon Sunday the entire Bobbi Brown site is 20% off, no promo code is necessary.
- GOAT is taking 20% off all online purchases with promo code HTG20.
- At Katherine Hooker everything is 20% off, no promo code needed.
- SELFRIDGES: The retailer is doing 20% off a broad selection of merchandise with promo code SELFCCE. One FYI, this offer ends today (Sunday) at midnight. With thanks to Angela for the tip, here is one item that may tickle your fancy:
- For the Links of London Hope Egg Earrings the price changes from $290 to $232, that’s a pretty good buy.
- Luisa Spagnoli is offering 20% off everything with promo code LUISA-BLACK. This offer also ends today (Sunday) at midnight.
- Cornelia James is taking 10% off all black items with promo code BLACK20.
- Really Wild has discounted their tweed collection by 25%.
- The Gap is discounting everything 50% on Cyber Monday with promo code CYBMON. Our thanks to Brenda for sharing this tip!
ASOS: Two of Kate’s maternity dresses came from ASOS, where everything is 30% off, including the maternity clothing, with promo code THANKFUL30. For the rest of the world, the promotional offer is 20% off with promo code GOGOGO.
MONICA VINADER: The jeweler is doing a Black Friday sale online, with several pieces in the Siren collection on sale, but not specifically Kate’s earrings. The discounted designs include the Siren Wire Earrings in Labradorite, but not Kate’s green onyx stones. There are coordinating green onyx pieces: second from the left we show the Siren Green Onyx Stacking Ring (on sale for $80.50); to its right, a larger Green Onyx Ring (normally $225, on sale for $157.50). No promo code is needed, but you may have to provide your name and an email.
DIANE VON FURSTENBERG: The shorter version of the Zarita is on sale. We show (left to right) the shortest version of the frock in white and nude (now $208, originally $348); on the right, the longer style in midnight and black dresses ($220.80, originally $368).
- Temperley London: 25% off a selection of autumn/winter styles with promo code BLACKFRIDAY.
- Reiss isn’t offering any specific Black Friday discounts, although they do have some great deals in the Sale/Outlet section.
- J Crew: The struggling retailer is doing 40% off everything in-store and online; use promo code HOLIDAY at checkout.
- Topshop has an expanded range of merchandise on sale; no promo code is needed.
- Zara is doing a flat 30% off across the board.
- Stuart Weitzman has taken 40% off a ‘select group’ of shoes and handbags.
- Mulberry has a selection of items on sale, although the discounts are not enormous. This includes the Mini Lily in select finishes; this is the style I believe is the brand’s replacement for the Bayswater that Kate carries so often.
- Fold London has a select group of merchandise discounted by 30%.
- Tory Burch is also offering a tiered deal: spend $250 or more and receive 30% off your purchase and free shipping. Use promo code THANKS.
- Nordstrom’s off-price stores, Nordstrom Rack, have deepened some discounts on the merchandise in its clearance section.
- At Saks Fifth Avenue’s Off Fifth outlet has discounts in every category. They are also offering free shipping with promo code SHIP4FREE.
- At Last Call (Neiman’s off-price outlet) there is a selection of Aquatalia with sizable discounts.
REPLIKATES: Here is a sampling of designs many have found to be good replacements for styles Kate has worn.
One of the more popular repliKates is for the 2012 Odele coat by Temperley London (there are photos here). Below left, the Via Spiga Faux Leather & Fur coat (now $168, originally $318) at Nordstrom; in the center you see the Via Spiga Wool Blend Asymmetric Coat at Last Call, where it is discounted to $115; on the right we have a different repliKate, the Guess Faux Fur Collar Asymmetrical Coat ($99.99), we show it at Macy’s.
The Aquatalia repliKate for the Aquatalia ‘New Dry’ worn to the Shooting Star Children’s Hospice is discounted at Saks Off Fifth: the ‘Natalie’ is $239.99 and shipping is free with promo code SHIP4FREE.
If you know of a great deal that’s not included here, just let me know via email/Twitter/Facebook, and we’ll add it to the list.
Three other items of note from our fabulous sponsors:
- Beulah London’s fall collection has some lovely styles; below, we show the new Navy Wool coat and Pink Wool coat. The retailer also has Kate’s Brisa Shawl and Shibani Blue Hearts styles back in stock. BTW, if you’re in the London area on Monday, there is an event with the brand’s co-founders, Natasha Rufus Isaacs and Lavinia Brennan. The event features both women speaking about “their journey to create not only a British fashion brand but also helping to provide employment for trafficked or vulnerable women through the Beulah Trust.” Click here to learn more.
- We continue our giveaway with StyleRocks, the custom jewelry company. The lucky winner will receive a gold and diamond ring from the jeweler’s new Luxe Collection.