Hello and welcome to a quickly cobbled together post, we begin with a brief look at Kate’s visit to Kensington Gardens yesterday.
The black runs $3285 at Temperley, here is how it is described.
Made of luxuriously soft sheepskin, it has the suede side of the skin facing out and is lined with flat haired sheepskin allowing a snug and flattering fit. The cut is feminine and sharp with a nipped in waist. Leather trim and gold metal hardware complete the look.
Editor’s Note: Because Kensington Gardens is a public park, I don’t consider this an occasion where Kate would have expected privacy; I am comfortable accepting Sandra’s gracious offer to share some of her photos.
On to the larger part of today’s post, the crowded royal calendar in upcoming weeks, following we share engagement dates and some information on the appointments.
Saturday, 11/24: Kate attends the Wales-New Zealand Rugby match, kickoff is 17:15 (5:15 ET), the match is at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, more info here.
Tuesday, 11/27: Kate attends the opening of the Natural History Museum’s new Treasures Gallery.
Joining the Duchess in opening the new Gallery, Sir David Attenborough, more on the event from the Museum.
The Duchess will view 22 of the most extraordinary specimens that have ever been on display at the Museum, brought together to form the inspiring Treasures gallery.
From the 200-million-year-old nacreous ammonite that led William Smith to discover that the rocks beneath our feet are layered through time, to the rare first edition of Charles Darwin’s On the Origin of Species, these objects reveal the heart of the Museum’s collections.
Learn more about the Gallery here.
Wednesday, 11/28: William & Kate have four engagements in Cambridge, the city from which their titles come, and one in nearby Peterborough. Following are some of the details about the day’s events.
- the couple will meet with the Cambridge Mayor and other officials at the City’s Guildhall, and make an appearance on the building’s balcony
- they then do a walkabout in Market Square on the way to the University of Cambridge’s Senate House where they will attend a reception for about 400 people
- William and Kate also visit Jimmy’s Night Shelter in Cambridge, and the Manor School, where they will watch a musical and drama presentation
- The pair then travels to nearby Peterborough, where they official open Peterborough City Hospital.
The Winter Whites Gala will see the Royal Albert Hall, a UK charity itself and host of the Statoil Masters Tennis, transformed into an enchanted Winter Wonderland, featuring some of the biggest names in sport and entertainment.
Tennis greats John McEnroe, Bjorn Borg, Boris Becker, Ivan Lendl and Chris Evert have all confirmed their attendance. McEnroe will play a match, with Lendl, Borg, Becker and Evert in attendance to lend their support.
This function features a ‘white carpet’ arrival for celebrities, champagne reception and silent auction.
Wednesday, 12/12: Another black tie event for the couple, the premiÃ¨re of â€œThe Hobbit: An unexpected Journey“.
This function is a benefit for the Cinema and Television Benevolent Fund, it is preceded by a Pre-Premiere Reception at the Hampshire Hotel. Limited tickets remain, more information may be found here.
Tuesday, 12/25: Traditional Christmas Day walk to church at Sandringham
Two other quick tidbits:
- First, we note that two years ago today William and Kate officially announced their engagement, to enjoy some oversized photos from that era, click here.
- If you’ve not already entered our Links of London giveaway, to join the fun, click here! The Hope Egg Earrings and Pendant shown below are part of just one prize.