After attending both ANZAC Day services in Canberra it was time to head for the airport and home. The Duchess had young Prince George well in hand.
George’s nanny, Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, was deployed and carrying the precious cargo.
Is it possible George wants to stay?
Prime Minister Tony Abbott and the Governor-General’s wife, Lady Cosgrove, can be seen taking part in the formal goodbye.
The look on Prince George’s face in the photo above is priceless.
If only we knew what Prince George was looking at!
Kate wore the Michael Kors coat she had on for the National ANZAC Day service at the War Memorial. This shot from earlier in the day offers a good look at the coat from the back.
As well as her Alexander McQueen heels.
We’ll be back in a day or two with a much more comprehensive post, including wardrobe hits and misses, as well as other observations
- CNN’s Max Foster shares his reflections on the tour in this story
- The Daily Mail’s story and video about the Duke and Duchess at the National ANZAC Memorial can be found here
- Richard Palmer’s column in The Express, “Kate the Great: The royal tour where the Duchess of Cambridge really came into her own” can be read here
- Another column from Richard, “William and Kate ‘Bowled Over’ by warm welcome Down Under as Prince George becomes a star” can be seen here
- Victoria Murphy’s Daily Mirror story about the day is here (you’ll find out where George’s giant wombat is!)
- Gordon Rayner’s story in the Telegraph is here (I’ve not read it, somehow I exceeded my allotment of Telegraph stories for the month, there’s a surprise)