UPDATE: We’ll close the live blog now, I am off to work on today’s post!
It’s both a good morning and good afternoon greeting to all of our WKWers watching the events surrounding Princess Charlotte’s christening. As with our previous live blogs of other major events, the most recent post s will show at the top of the blog.
Here we go with the latest.
*The Daily Mail’s photo laden story is here.
*Kate in her Jane Taylor hat and Mappin & Webb necklace/earrings.
*The guest of honor.
*Prince George in his Rachel Riley shorts and top.
*The Queen as she arrived, wearing an Angela Kelly ensemble.
*Via Rebecca English of the Daily Mail
*Kate is in creamy white, George’s Rachel Riley outfit is almost identical to what William wore to visit Harry when he was born.
*The Telegraph published this ‘reminder list’ of who will be in the church today:
Royal family: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.Middleton family: Carole Middleton, Michael Middleton, Pippa Middleton and James Middleton.
Godparents Sophie Carter; James Meade and his wife Lady Laura Marsham; Adam Middleton and his wife Rebecca; Laura Fellowes and her husband Nick Pettman; Thomas van Straubenzee and his wife Lady Melissa van Straubenzee. Prince George’s nanny Maria Borrallo will also be in the church but not as an official guest.
*There have been problems with both live feeds. The Telegraph’s seems to be working now (click link).
*Ben Kendall of the Press Association shared this video of crowds being allowed in to queue near the church.
*Chris Jackson of Getty Images shared this photo of well-wishers gathered at Sandringham
- Godparents announced: The Telegraph shares this article on Charlotte’s godparents, and the Daily Mail’s story is here.The Mirror has individual profiles of the godparents:
- Here is the piece on Princess Diana’s niece, Laura Fellowes
- And here is the story on William’s best friend at Ludgrove Prep School, Tom van Straubenzee
- The profile of Adam Middleton, Kate’s cousin on her father’s side, may be seen here
- I continue to hunt for the backgrounders on Kate’s friend Alicia Fox-Pitt and William’s close friend Hugh Can Cutsem
- All of the flowers brought by the public today will be donated to EACH (East Anglia’s Childrens Hospices), more in the EACH news release here. These are the buckets EACH has ready to hold the flowers.
- Selfies are okay today! Normally the public isn’t allowed to take photographs at St. Mary Magdalene, with the exception of Christmas Day. That rule has been lifted for today’s event. More from the Daily Mail:
Well-wishers are normally banned from taking pictures when the Queen and her family attend services at St Mary Magdalene Church on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.
The restriction is only lifted on Christmas Day. But William and Kate, often fiercely protective of their privacy, have asked for the rule to be relaxed, authorising people to take pictures of them with Charlotte and her brother Prince George.