Hello, and happy almost-weekend. We wanted to share some update and other tidbits, perhaps the most interesting information is Kate and William’s upcoming appearances.
- This Wednesday, the 25th, the couple will attend the London premiÃ¨re of African Cats, a documentary about lions and cheetahs on the African savannah. The function is a fundraiser for the Tusk Trust, I don’t know the specific time yet, but it is an evening affair.Â The event is at the National Film Theater in London, also known as BFI (British Film Institute) Southbank.
- Thursday the 26th Kate & William will attend a reception honoring the Scott-Amundsen Centenary Race to the South Pole, Prince William is a Patron, the race raised funds for the British Legion.
“They will honour the two serving British Army teams who raced 900 miles across Antarctica in 2011 and 2012 to pay homage to the extraordinary race to the South Pole between Captain Scott and Roald Amundsen a century ago.
The expedition raised funds for the British Legionâ€™s Â£30 million commitment to help wounded and sick service people recover.
- Also on Thursday the 26th, Kate and William attend a reception at the Imperial War Museum. This event also honors an anniversary, the Museum is debuting its Centenary Commemorations. More from the IWM’s website:
“2014-2018 marks the centenary of the First World War, a landmark anniversary for Britain and the world. Working in collaboration with our peers and colleagues from national and international organisations, IWM will mark the centenary by leading a vibrant four-year programme of cultural activities across the UK.”
A busy schedule for the couple, the royal calendar becomes even more crowded as the Queen’s Jubilee approaches.
This is the pair showcasing Kate’s Jenny Packham dress worn to the ARK gala last June. Below, a detail from the new exhibit at Madame Tussauds.
Kate accessorized with the LK Bennett Agata sandals
Another bridal style from Jenny Packham, the Mimosa, this frock in another color has ‘Kate potential’.
You can see the entire collection of spring 2013 bridal gowns on the Jenny Packham Facebook page.
Also showing at Bridal Week, Temperley London, we thought it would be fun to show Kate in one of the designer’s gowns at the War Horse premiÃ¨re, side by side with the bridal version of the dress.
We thought some might appreciate a partial listing of One Year Anniversary specials being shown on US networks.
- 4/22 10pm WILLIAM & KATE: ONE YEAR LATER charts their life since their marriage on April 29,Â 2011, exploring their royal engagements and private moments that have kept Britain and the world enthralled. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are the very definition of a modern royal couple, charming everyone they meet with their unfussy style, down to earth values and impeccable manners. To see a complete list of TLC’s rebroadcasts of this show, click here.
- 4/28 7pm & 11pm, 4/29 10am The Royal Wedding Encore & More Clinton Kelly and Amanda Byram bring you Royal Wedding highlights from London, along with new footage including interviews with guests who attended the wedding
- 4/24 10am William & Harry
- 4/24 10:30am William & Kate Fairytale Romance
- 4/25 8am Royal London
- 4/25 9am William & Kate: Fairytale Romance
- 4/25 10am William & Harry Into the Future
- 4/26 9am William & Kate: Fairytale Romance
- 4/26 10am Princess Diana Life in Jewels
- 4/27 8am William & Harry Into the Future
- 4/27 9am How to be a Prince
- 4/27 11am William & Kate: A Fairytale Wedding
- 4/29 6am & 11am William & Kate: Fairytale Romance
- 4/29 1pm Britain’s Royal Weddings (new program)
- 4/29 3pm Harry’s Arctic Heroes (new program)
- 4/29 4:30pm Royal Wedding Highlights Anniversary Special
E! TV: Kate and Will Happily Ever After
Special thanks to WKW Facebook friend Julie, she compiled the majority of our list.
Savvy fashion followers may have noted how well Kate’s earrings can be seen in the Madame Tussaud photos above. Of course, those are the Links of London Bubble Stiletto earrings from the company’s Effervescence Collection. We mention this not because they are a WKW sponsor, but because we’ll be doing some fun things with Links in the next few months. The first of these is a free shipping offer for WKW readers, shoppers in the US and Canada will receive free shipping from now through May 31, use promo code whatkateworefs at checkout. (If you have any problems, just give Links Customer Care a call at 1-888-295-4657.)