Hello and welcome back, hopefully everyone celebrating the extended Thanksgiving weekend enjoyed their time away from the routine, the humdrum, the tedious.
We are back with the Cyber Monday post for those interested in contributing to the $3 billion dollars expected to be spent online today. It does looks like Black Friday is losing its lustre, this is from AP:
Instead of lining up to storm the doors of brick-and-mortar stores on Black Friday, looks like more people went online — and stormed websites in search of bargains.
May that only continue moving forward. At any rate, below we have listed today’s bargains, including those that look like legitimate deals (we’re looking at you Bobbi Brown, J. Crew and Target ) as well as those that are not-necessarily-great-offers. We say that because some retailers are touting bargains on items that have been discounted before, or are merely promotional items that will be “on sale” again soon, or are simply always “on sale.” In other words, buyer beware and do pay attention to that “compare to” pricing.
In an effort to make this list easier to digest we have broken it into loosely defined categories. Let us know if any of the discount codes aren’t working, or if you have seen a Cyber Monday deal you think should be shared with the rest of the WKW community. This is supposed to be a fun little endeavor, so happy hunting to all joining the record breaking crowds online. First, a couple of quick caveats:
Once again Target is experiencing severe issues with its website; while not as bad as the meltdown the retailer had in 2011, shoppers have been frustrated throughout the morning.
That’s because of this:
CNBC reports that PayPal has apparently had availability issues.
Also, Stuart Weitzman has been slow on and off, that is probably because of this. Well, not precisely this, I added the two shoe styles to the graphic; obviously it’s a great deal, whatever Weitzman style you like.
One other note: your trusty scribe proved not-quite-so-trusty by messing up the free shipping code jeweler Catherine Zoraida offered for WKW readers. She is being exceptionally gracious about that little lapse, extending the offer until midnight Monday night: the code is WKW2015! with an exclamation point at the end, covering free shipping worldwide.
KATE RELATED RETAILERS:
- Stuart Weitzman is taking 30% off the first item you purchase and 40% off the second (and third and fourth and so on); this includes Kate’s Corkswoon Wedge (generally $398, now $279), as well as the Minx (usually $425, now $298)
- One of our favorite sponsors, Beulah London, continue its sale taking 25% off select styles
- The Links of London 25% off sitewide deal continues wraps up at midnight tonight, use promo code LINKSBF2. It looks like Kate’s Hope Egg White Topaz earrings are still available, but her Effervescence Bubble earrings are sold out
- LK Bennett’s US site continues to promote 30% off select merchandise, this does include the Cayla Long Dress Cayla dress, the new promo code is CYBER2015
- The Hobbs site is 15% off, no promo code needed
- Jaeger is taking 25% off 25% off everything with promo code CYBER25
- Dune London continues promoting 30% off in the USA; this includes Kate’s Imperia Wedge and the almost identical Karley Wedge. The UK offer is 20% off.
- Temperley London: 30% remains the discount here, no promo code required
- J Crew is doing free shipping on *all* orders, discounting some sale styles by an extra 40-50%, with 30% off “everything else including stuff that’s *never* on sale” 40% use promo code MONDAY
- At DVF the additional 25% off sitewide continues, use promo code CYBER25
- This is the last day for Ralph Lauren’s 15% off promotion with promo code CYBER15
- Rebecca Taylor is discounting the entire site 30%, including sale merchandise
- Jeweler Monica Vinader is promoting 30-50% off, you will need to sign in to see the discounted items
- Cath Kidston has discounted a selection of bags ‘up to 40%’
- Tory Burch continues promoting 30% off orders more than $250 with promo code THANKS
- Walin & Woolf has a decent selection of LK Bennett on sale
- The Petit Bateau US site is discounted 50%
- Selfridges is promoting up to 20% off with promo code SELFCCE
MASS MARKET WOMEN’S CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES:
- At Ann Taylor the company is discounting ‘everything’ on line by 50% and also offering free shipping, use promo code EVERYTHING for both offers
- The entire Modcloth site is discounted 25% with promo code FUNDAY
- At Talbots shoppers receive 50% off one regular priced item and 40% off their entire purchase
MASS MARKET GENERAL:
- As noted above, this is the first time in its history Target is discounting everything it sells by 15%
- Lands’ End is taking 50% off all outerwear and 40% off everything else, with free shipping to US & Canadian addresses
- LL Bean is promoting 10% off the entire site with promo code THANKS10, shipping is always free at this retailer
- Gap is 40% off the entire site, no exclusions, with promo code BESTCYBER; free shipping is included for orders totaling more than $50
- Banana Republic is also discounting everything on its site by 40% with promo code BESTCYBER
- Eddie Bauer is discounting everything 40%, as well as offering some specific Cyber Monday bargains like $50 fleece jackets on sale for 19.99
- Nordstrom continues its designer clearance with prices discounted by as much as 40%
- Lord and Taylor is taking an additional 25% off sitewide *and* throwing in free shipping on all orders with promo code CYBER. Be advised the list of exclusion is lengthy, you can see it here.
- Bloomies is also offering an additional 25% off ‘select regular and sale price items,’ no promo code required
- Neiman Marcus is discounting its online clearance an additional 30%, continuing its designer sale, and also throwing in gift cards related to how much you spend; $200 in purchases sets you a $50 gift card.
- Farfetch, which carries many brands Kate wears (like Alexander McQueen, Gianvito Rossi, and Dolce and Gabbana), is taking an extra 10% off sale prices with promo code bf15. Unfortunately this offer does not cover the UK, Belgium, France or Italy.
- Matches Fashion, another multi-brand site, is offering a substantial sale section online, but no special discounts.
- Multi-brand retailer My Theresa also offers many brands Kate wears, including Diane von Furstenberg, like Erdem, and Alexander McQueen. Today and tomorrow sale merchandise is reduced 30%, no promo code required.
- Macy’s is offering free shipping with purchases $25 and up, use promo code CYBER.
- Bluefly is taking an additional 20% off everything on the site “plus additional markdowns” with promo code CYBER20, possible stops might be the snuggly cashmere styles in both clothing and accessories.
- At Neiman’s Last Call there are additional discounts, including an “extra 40% to 50% off” on Monday. Additionally, there is free shipping with any purchase, no minimum order is required. Use promo code CYBER for this offer.
- Nordstrom Rack is taking an additional 30% off most online clearance items.
- The only special Saks Off Fifth promotion I found was for free shipping with promo code FREE4YOU
- Everything at Old Navy is 40% off today with promo code BESTCYBER, no exclusions
- 6PM is promoting 15% off your entire order with promo code CYBERMON15
- For the first time in its history, Bloomingdale’s is taking 10% off all beauty products with promo code BEAUTY10, this includes Kate favorite Jo Malone
- Sephora is offering free shipping on purchases of more than $25 with promo code SHIPNOW
- At Ulta the promotion is for free shipping on orders of $35 or more, as well as 10% off $50+ online purchases with promo code 303711
- MAC is promoting 25% off MAC holiday kits as well as free overnight shipping to US addresses with promo code CYBER *or* free sample with promo code SAMPLE
- Bobbi Brown is taking 20% off all orders. Below, the chart released after William and Kate’s wedding that shows the items the Duchess used in April 2011. Bobbi Brown was always very clear that they did not do Kate’s makeup, sharing only that Kate and some members of the wedding party received some assistance/coaching ahead of time from Hannah Martin, a Bobbi Brown ‘pro artist’ based in the UK.