Hello-hello, and welcome to our annual post-Thanksgiving Sales and Savings post. We have news of upcoming engagements first though, including some travel for the Duke and Duchess to the Mediterranean.
- Wednesday, November 28: The Duke, President of the Football Association, and the Duchess of Cambridge will visit Leicester to pay tribute to those who were tragically killed in the helicopter crash at Leicester City Football Club’s King Power Stadium on Saturday 27th October. A little background on this engagement. In October a helicopter carrying Leicester team owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and four others crashed as it was leaving the stadium; all on board were killed. More from Kensington Palace:
Their Royal Highnesses knew the Club’s Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, and wanted to visit the city to recognise the warmth and compassion that the people of Leicester and fans of Leicester City Football Club have shown in reaction to the accident.
You can read the entire news release here.
There are two more engagements to announce for the following week; both intended to “…deliver a message of support to deployed personnel and to acknowledge the fact that many Serving personnel are away from their families at this time of the year.”
- Tuesday, December 4: Kate and William will host a Christmas party in London for families and children of deployed personnel from RAF Coningsby and RAF Marham serving in Cyprus. RAF Marham is home to the Tornado Squadron.
- Wednesday, December 5: The Duke and Duchess will fly to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus, where they will “meet active serving personnel, families living on the base, wider station personnel and members of the local community.”
An unannounced engagement we are likely to see sometime in the first week of the month, the annual Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace. Generally held on the second Tuesday of December, the event has been moved to accommodate scheduling conflicts. But it is one we always watch for, as the dress code is white- tie and tiaras are worn. Below, the Duchess in 2013, 2015, 2016 and last year.
UPDATE Monday, Nov 26: Links & info have been updated to reflect Cyber Monday deals, replacing the Black Friday information and links.
We have searched for deals relevant to those fond of Kate’s fashion and style. Several notable offers are here at the top of the post, followed by our list of store-by-store offers and promotions. As always, if you stumble across a bargain, you think we should share, don’t be shy, email (Susan@WhatKateWore.com), post on the FB page, direct message, whatever is easiest for you!
Deals worth noting:
- Our friends at Madderson London, long a favorite sponsor here at WKW, have put together some outstanding deals. Three grey styles are all 50% off, (making my much-loved Ophelia just $117); peony and polka dot prints are 35% off; select designs are 25% off; new merchandise is 10% off with the promo code CELEBRATE.
- The Monica Vinader sale continues, offering 30% off *all collections*. This includes Kate’s Siren earrings. Normally priced at $195, the earrings are now $136.50.
- Another Kate favorite, Annoushka, is discounting its collections by 20%. The sale includes Kate’s Pearl Drops; normally $370, they are $296 with the discount.
- The Issa London collection at House of Fraser is discounted quite a bit. This includes the knockoff of Kate’s engagement dress. (House of Fraser bought the rights to the Issa London name; the collection is not by the original company.)
- Le Chameau has all of its boots on sale for 25% off with promo code BLACKFRIDAY. This includes Kate’s Vierzonord style (normally $239, $179 on sale). If interested in Kate’s style but looking for a slightly lower price point the Vierzon ($179/$134 on sale) is almost identical, but it is lined in jersey, as opposed to the neoprene lining in the Vierzonord. Our thanks to Claire from the Facebook page for sending along such a great tip!
- Aspinal London: Kate’s Midi Mayfair bag is 25% off with promo code CYBER20. (I am not 100% convinced this is included in the sale. The website has been very slow, so I’m not able to see if it actually went into my cart.) Thanks to Beth for the tip on this one!
- Lavender Hill: this is one of our What Meghan Wore sponsors, offering wonderful tees and tops, loungewear and cashmere styles. The retailer is promoting 15% off all full-priced merchandise promo code CYBERWEEKEND. Below, some of the giftables available: a cashmere hot water bottle (knitted in Hawick, Scotland); a merino wool scarf, also made in Scotland; one of Lavender Hill’s acclaimed tee shirts; a pair of men’s cashmere socks (also knitted in Hawick, Scotland). NOTE: US shoppers may not need to use the discount code, instead it will be automatically applied.
- Bobbi Brown is taking 25% off everything with promo code BFGIFT. They’re also doing free shipping, free gift wrap, and with orders $75+ you also receive a full-size gift.
- Talbots has some cute London themed items this fall, and they are taking 40% your entire purchase until midnight Friday night. That makes the London Button Cuff Sweater about $42; the Plaid Novelty Palace Guard Wristlet roughly $21; the Corgi Sweater would be about $42; the Striped Destination Tee would work out to about $27.
- Really Wild Clothing has a good selection of clothing and accessories on sale for 20% off the original price. This includes Kate’s Red Cable Sweater. Normally $256, it is on sale for $205.
- Catherine Zoraida has Kate’s Double Leaf and Fern Hoop earrings on sale this weekend, discounted by 20%. Many thanks to Beth F. and Carol G. for their tips about the sale!
CLOTHING – ONLINE ONLY RETAILERS
- Net-a-Porter is promoting up to 50% off in its sale
- The Outnet (Net-a-Porter’s discount arm) is taking an additional 25% off final sale items with promo code BLACKFRIDAY.
- Farfetch is taking an additional 20% off sale merchandise with promo code X20BF
- Matches Fashion is taking an extra 10% off sale prices with promo code EXTRA10
- My Theresa is offering select merchandise at 30% off with promo code BLACK30
CLOTHING – UK INDEPENDENT RETAILERS
- Temperley London is discounting everything by 20%.
- LK Bennett US site: Spend $250+ and receive 30% off your order with promo code HAPPY30. This brings the price on Kate’s $295 Fern pumps down to $206.
- LK Bennett UK site: Take 25% off everything, with no minimum spend required. Use promo code HAPPY25 at checkout to receive your discount. (The Fern is also shown in stock on the UK site.)
- Hobbs is discounting everything 25% with promo code BF25.
- Whistles is discounting its “New In” section by 30%
- Goat is offering 20% off its autumn collection with promo code THANKSGIVING20.
- French Connection is taking 50% off the entire US site; no promo code is needed. On the UK site the promotion is for “Up to 50% Off Selected Lines,” and from what I saw when
grazingdoing research for this post, there are some very good deals on both the US and UK sites.
- Ted Baker London is offering “up to 50% off” everything through midnight Monday.
- Boden is promoting 30% off and free shipping with orders totaling more than $49 with promo code V4N9
- Beulah London has a mix of designs discounted up to 20% off. 20% of sales from these items will go to ECPAT, Every Child Protected Against Trafficking, a charity that campaigns “.. against child trafficking and transnational child exploitation so children everywhere can uphold their rights and live free from abuse.”
UK CLOTHING – UK DEPARTMENT STORES:
- John Lewis has a number of offers, including 30% off Ted Baker, 30% off Whistles, and 20% off Ugg.
- Topshop is promoting “up to 50% off select lines” on the US site, and also on the UK site, as well as free worldwide shipping on orders totaling more than $20
- Harvey Nichols has merchandise discounted “up to 25% off”
- House of Fraser is promoting up to 60% off merchandise
- Debenhams has a variety of discounts
- Links of London has select gift items discounted by 20%, as well as some merchandise on sale for as much as 60% off in its vault section
- Aspinal London is taking 20% off its A/W collection with promo code CYBER20
- As noted above, Monica Vinader’s Black Friday promotion offers 30% off *all* collections. This includes Kate’s Siren earrings, now $136.
CLOTHING – US RETAILERS
- Nordstrom is offering “up to 60% off” in its sale
- Bloomingdale’s is promoting a mix of deals, including women’s cashmere sweaters starting at $59.99. These deals will change throughout the weekend, so you’ll have to pop in and see what is on special at any given time.
- Saks Fifth Avenue is offering $50 for every $200 you spend with promo code MONDAY18
- Saks Off 5th is offering a mix of discounts, as well as free shipping on all orders with promo code BLACKFRI (Friday only)
- Neiman Marcus has a mix of discounts and is taking $50 off $200+ full-price purchases with promo code GC4YOU
- Neiman’s LastCall is promoting an “extra 40 – 80% off entire site”
- J Crew is promoting an extra 60% off sale styles and 50% “everything else” with promo code CYBER
- Ann Taylor is doing 50% off everything and free shipping with promo code CYBER2018. Ann Taylor Loft is promoting 50% off your purchase and free shipping until 12:30 Monday with promo code CYBER.
- Stuart Weitzman is taking an extra 20% off its sale section with promo code CYBER20
- Jimmy Choo has a sizable selection of merchandise discounted.
- Rupert Sanderson is taking 30% off its A/W ’18 collection with promo code BF18
- MAC cosmetics is doing 25% off and a free eeyeshadow no promo code is needed
- ColourPop is 30% off sitewide, no promo code needed.
- Tarte is doing 25% off sitewide, along with a mix of other deals. Use promo code CYBER for your discount.
- Clinique is taking 25% off everything with promo code 25OFF. This ends at midnight on Saturday night, the 24th.
- Lancôme is offering 20% off Nov 20 – Nov 27 with promo code FRIENDS
- Ulta has lots of bargains, including $10 off “any qualifying purchase” with promo code CYBERMON18