We are back with our third and final poll on Kate’s maternity styles.
Before we start that portion of the post, a quick update on things at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s from our friend Mark Stewart (@RegalEyes), a locale he has dubbed “Camp Kate”.
First and foremost, it is hot: 85°+ in London. Today and Thursday are supposed to be even warmer. The “Great Kate Wait” is a term resonating with media and civilians alike, that one comes via Paul Harrison of Sky News.
Silly Season has clearly arrived at St. Mary’s. There is an increasingly wacky parade of odd characters, hangers-on, promoters and lookalikes engaged in a variety of behaviors. This morning it was a Prince Harry lookalike accompanied by a teddy bear.
The media has little else to shoot,the lookalike & bear get facetime.
After the requisite photo in front of the Lindo Wing this duo moved on to Buckingham Palace.
Of course, yours truly has now engaged in sharing Silly Season. (Smacks head against wall. Stops. Repeats.)
Kate is said to have spent the weekend at her parents home in Bucklebury, William played polo nearby on both Saturday & Sunday, more from Sunday’s Mirror:
Initially, Wills was in two minds over whether to play and volunteered to go to Bucklebury instead.
But Kate persuaded him he should continue with his plans, which he’d agreed to last year long before he knew Kate was pregnant with their first child.
The matches were at Cirencester Park Polo Club, below we see William smiling at a little one just before the match got underway
Discussion and debate over the wee royal’s arrival continues to fill the media. Over the weekend more US news anchors made the journey to London, more from Brian Stelter in the NY Times:
NBC and ABC, on the other hand, are sending over anchors. The “Today” news reader Natalie Morales flew to London on Sunday. The “Good Morning America” weekend anchor Bianna Golodryga has been there for nearly a week, and she will be joined sometime soon by a regular on the weekday edition, Amy Robach.
Martha MacCullum of Fox News and other on-air talent also made the trip to London this weekend. For anyone at the hospital who struggles with the difference in London time and Eastern time, two clocks are now set up on the NBC News pillar, as seen in this photo from Paul Harrison.
The bigger news is that yesterday’s Daily Mail carried a story from Rebecca English noting something that the Duchess of Cornwall shared: “Camilla told crowd in Cornwall that royal baby is expected this week”
Chatty Camilla let slip the royal secret during a visit to Little Harbour children’s hospice at Porthpean, near St Austell, Cornwall.
As she gave an impromptu speech to the assembled guests, she said: ‘We are all just waiting by the telephone. We are hopeful that by the end of the week he or she will be here.’
A Clarence House spokeswoman later confirmed the comment.
A final note, we want to send out congratulations to Victoria Murphy of the Daily Mirror. Some may recall that Victoria, who is the Mirror’s royal reporter, discovered she was pregnant around the same time Kate did.
On Saturday Victoria delivered Isobel Aoife.
Isobel weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces; she was actually three days early.
Moving on to our final poll, we begin with Kate’s April engagements.
For the couple’s visit to Scotland Kate wore the Workers Coat by Moloh for the first day of the trip, seen below when arriving at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow with William on April 4. The next day saw a return of the red Armani coat first noted at William’s passing out ceremony from Sandhurst back in 2006; the button at the waist was moved a touch to allow more room. She accessorized with the Strathearn Tartan scarf seen at the Jubilee River Pageant and the Order of the Thistle When in Scotland Kate’s official tartan is the Countess of Strathearn.
We saw a new coat on Kate for the annual Scouts Parade at Windsor Castle, the Frayed Coat in mint tweed by Mulberry, along with her Whiteley Cappuccino beret-style hat. When visiting the Willows School in Manchester Kate returned to another favored designer, Erdem, wearing the Sophia dress.
April 24th Kate wore an icy blue Emila Wickstead dress for an Art Room event at the National Portrait Gallery, a customized version of the this year’s “CZ dress”.
Later in April the Duchess visited the Warner Brothers Studios wearing a polka-dotted Topshop frock and black Ralph Lauren jacket. For an engagement at Naomi House children’s hospice Kate selected a peach coat by Tara Jarmon atop a dress by “an independent dressmaker”.
Kate had fewer engagements in May. She repeated the Topshop dress seen just above at the wedding of William van Cutsem and Rosie Ruck Keene on the 11th. For one of the Queen’s garden parties at Buckingham Palace we saw a new piece by Emilia Wickstead, the Marella coat in a sunny yellow print. The Duchess also brought back a Jane Corbett hat, and the oft-carried Park Avenue clutch by Russell & Bromley.
In June Kate wore a new ensemble by Jenny Packham for the church service honoring the 60th anniversary of the Queen’s coronation. The hat may look familiar, it is the same worn to last year’s Jubilee Service of Thanksgiving.
We have an interesting dilemma for this poll: there were several occasions in this last trimester when Kate was photographed but photos of these events are very poor quality, or completely unavailable via the agencies I use for licensing. So I am doing these in a separate poll, with links to the sites that have licensed photographs.
- In April Kate did some shopping in North Norfolk wearing a Really Wild vest, Ralph Lauren purple sweater and and skinny jeans. These photos are by Emma Walker as shared with ITV News Anglia. There has been debate about which vest Kate was actually wearing, many of us believe it to be the piece worn when she spent time ‘roughing it’ with kids taking part in a Widehorizons program in June of 2012.
- In late April Kate and her mother were photographed shopping in South Kensington, photos may be seen here at the Daily Mail. This is the excursion when Kate was in a navy top with white lace collar.
- Kate was photographed leaving the Chelsea Harbour Design in mid-May You can see photos here of Kate in her Zara jacket, skinny jeans & Mint Velvet Plimsolls.
- In June Kate did some antiquing in Hungerford, wearing a new trench coat. Click here to see the photos at PopSugar.
- Also in June, Kate was on the cover of the Daily Star Sunday, wearing a piece from the ASOS Maternity Collection. She is in the brand’s Belted Dress with Scoop Neck and an unidentified sweater
- Australia’s Woman’s Day Magazine also had pictures of Kate shopping, below we share the cover, the photo is in the lower left. Kate is wearing Seraphine’s Wrap Dress with Tie.
- Another Australian publication, Who, featured images of Kate, these images on on the upper right of the magazine. They were taken when Kate was going to the Rossano Ferretti hair spa in Mayfair. The Duchess wore another piece by Séraphine, the label’s White Maxi Skirt (now available only in aqua).
Without further verbiage, here is our first poll.
And here is our second poll.